Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
HOCD or denial?

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

HOCD or denial?

I woke up one morning and wondered am I gay? The other day I thought it had stopped I felt great until the next day when it came back but it was different this time,it was like it was trying to make me accept that I'm gay. Before it I have never had feelings for others of the same sex. I'm seventeen by the way. Then just this morning I thought maybe I am gay. I don't have anything against gay people and no one would mind if I was gay but there's something trying to tell me that I'm not in the back of my head. I want to believe it but the overpowering thought of being gay beats it. It's ruining my life and sending me crazy it's so irrational it seems real. I've looked at others and that's how I thought I have hold but now I'm doubting it more and more. Ps I haven't had a girlfriend and I'm still a virgin. Can someone help please.
Tags: Life, denial, hocd
Hi there.  Did you read some of the other HOCD posts?  You have many to choose from and I'm saying that because I want you to realize that it is probably the thing that most people post about on here.  HOCD.  In order to understand HOCD you have to understand OCD.  OCD is basically a war with your own mind.  You say black and your mind says white.  The reality is if you cannot see yourself in a sexual relationship with another guy, then you cannot possibly be gay.  It seems like this is pretty new for you.  Have you had any other thoughts that you got stuck on?