Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
I need help to stop picking at nails and skin

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

So every once in a while I will just start just destroying my nails and the skin around it. I know alot of fourms are about biting nails, but i dont do that...

But I just pick and pick and pick. I think i do it cuz i look at my nails and go, well this is dirty and this is not straight and even and i just keep going, i even sometimes get a nail clipper and just clip and clip and clip until i basically have nothing. I even do this with my toes.

My friends tell me I even do this when i dont even realize I am. I just wanna stop. It is painful but I just cant seem to stop myself from doing this.
It sounds like Dermatilliomania. It took me 11 years to get diagnosed and I'm 14. It's where you pick at your skin for any reason and you compulsivly do it. Sometimes you won't even know you did it.
I made a video on my story and maybe you can relate. Here it is.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KNwGA20eUQ0