Is this common?
Is it normal to have "bad" thoughts about a certain group of people with OCD? I have negative thoughts against certain groups of people that pop into my head, but I DO NOT MEAN THEM. i feel so bad after I have them. I also feel like since i am "too careful" it will backfire on me and I will be "punished" because bad things happen to good people. Lastly, is it normal with OCD to check your body and freak out about every new thing that you notice?

Does anyone else have OCD like this?
The thing about OCD is that the irrational thoughts can be pretty much about anything and the more you fight them the more they hang around.  Anything that bothers you becomes fuel for the fire and you constantly test yourself in hopes that maybe that thought won't show up next time, but it usually does.  You are a good person and will in no way be punished for having these thoughts.

Also, once in the OCD cycle of anxiety, it is very common to start looking at everything else in your life including your body and obsessing about that as well.  It is like a rollercoaster that never stops to let us off.  

In order to stop this cycle of irrational thinking, you need to make an appointment with a therapist.  You never mentioned that you were actually diagnosed with OCD, even though your symptoms are screaming that, but it is always good to get a diagnosis so you can get the proper treatment.  Look for someone that specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy.  There are many techniques you can learn that have the ability to break the OCD cycle.  There is also the medication route, but that is something you could discuss with your psychologist when the time comes.  

For the time being, do a bit of self-coaching.  When these thoughts come into your head, just remind yourself "it is just the OCD talking, and I do not give into irrational thinking."  For every negative thought, replace it with a positive one.
thank you so much for your kind words. I was officially diagnosed but since i have returned back to college I have not had time to set up an appointment with a new therapist.

Is it also common to believe in signs and omens?

Thanks again.
I think that the irrational thoughts can take on many forms.  If you feel like the thought is a particularly bad one, then yes I would say that would also cause you to think that something bad will happen to you for thinking it.  But in reality, you know in your heart that that is not how life works.  Once you get rid of the OCD, you will look back on this and probably laugh...I know I did regarding some of the dark places I went to.