Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Masturbation and sex, am I addicted?

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Masturbation and sex, am I addicted?

Ever since I was about 11 I've been masturbating at least twice a day, when I reached 13 it went up to about 4 times a day, between 14 and 17 it was between 4 and 7 times a day.  Im now 18 and cant seem to stop masturbating, if I try and write and essay at home, I get so horny I have to stop half way through for no other reason than I cant think about anything else.  Im not addicited to porn and use it less than half the time to help me get off.  Ive been in several long relationships with girls in which sex was invloved since I was 14.  During these I would become addicted to sex, and have it several times a day, when we were together at least 4.  This was fine whilst we were both horny, but when my ex's havent been then I have had to resort to masturbating.  Is it normal to still masturbate as much during a relationship?  Now if I dont masturbate in the morining before I get up and go out, everything I see has sexual connatations.  Do I have a problem or am I just an overly horny teenager?
The fact you can`t concentrate on doing things due to your need, might be a sing of a problem. Try not to masturbate few days and if you won`t feel irritated, anxious, and have difficulty concentrating. if you don`t have sings and big mood changes comparing to days during which you masturbate, you probably son`t have a problem, but in the opposite...

I wouldn`t say it is OCD then addiction. Google symptoms, and if you believe you have a problem, you should find some help. If you don`t, be careful. You don`t want to have a problem and don`t have sex until the rest of your life...
It sounds like you're addicted to masturbation to me. I think you may want to talk to someone and see what you can do. It's normal to masturbate once a day, but to do it seven times a day is a LOT. I can't imagine how much that would ruin someone's social life, and relationships will become harder and harder as time goes on. Some girls don't want a boyfriend who can't seem to control them self, and it's best to just figure out how to control this and get your mind on other things. Sex is not everything, masturbation is not everything, and life is a much duller place when you can't think about anything else :( You should really try to get this figured out and find a way to get on a more normal sexual drive.
I think the question is;does it interupt your life? Does it stop you from doing things you need to do?
It's normal for your sex drive to go way up as a teenager.  Now if you do the same thing once your past adolescents, then yes I would say you would be a sex addict.  But there's no way of telling right now, because your a teenager.  Only time will tell.
Plus if you feel a high while masturbating, then a crash like a sad feeling once finished, then it would be an addiction.  If you are trying to get a fix by masturbating/sex and afterwards it turns into pain.  That my friend is sex addiction.
Iam 16.. And i started masturbating when i was 11.. Initially i was doing once or twice a week but now iam doing it every day... I can't control even one week.. Is this normal? Iam very confused please help me... Please...
Why do you think you have a problem?   Is masturbating interfering with your daily life?  I mean if you are let's say masturbating in the shower every day, then I would say that wasn't interfering unless it was making you later for your job or something.  It is obviously pleasurable for you so I'm not sure why you are worried about it.  I have a 16 year old...for all I know he is doing the same thing.  I just am wondering why you think you have a problem so that I can then maybe help you more.  
Its pleasurable for me... but I feel more depressed and sad after doing it... and i had some doubts, will i become an impotent man in future if i continue this?   i think i have wasted my sperms a lot as i am doing this since before my teenage am i right or wrong? please clarify my doubts..please...
You will not become impotent and you will not reduce your sperm count.  The only time this would be a problem is if you HAVE to do it as opposed to going outside and doing something else such as spending time with friends or playing a sport, etc.  So you need to decide if it is interfering with your life.  If it is not, then you are fine.  If you feel that it is interfering with your ability to go out and do other things, then you need to inform your parents.  I know this may be a bit embarassing for you so you can simply tell them that you feel like you have some obsessive complulsive tendencies and that you would like some help dealing with them.  You would need to then see a child psychologist.  It is nothing to be ashamed about.  Does not mean you are crazy.  Just make sure that you evaluate your habits and go from there.  If it is not interferring, then have at it.  Take care.  
please give me some VERY VERY EFFECCTIVE STEPS to overcome this habit.. because i think monthly once is enough for me rather than doing it every day... please..please.. suggest me some steps.. please.. i beg you..please.. it is making me so embarassed... please....
Okay...I'm not a doctor so I'm going to just give you my own idea of something you can try.  First of all as you mentioned it is a habit and habits can be broken with dilligence on your part.  I think that your goal is too lofty with once a month at this point since you are doing it every day.  It is better to start off with a smaller goal...say 6 days a week or 5 days a week and once you have mastered that, then you go to 4, etc.  

Now say for instance you are on the day you are not supposed to masturbate and you feel anxious.  Try to do some controlled breathing.  Take a deep breath in through your nose, hold it for 5 seconds and count this out in your head, then let it all out through your mouth.  You can do this without people even noticing you are doing it.  Continue to breathe until your anxiety starts to subside.  You also need to find things to occupy your mind.  Go for a jog, play videogames, read a book...anything to keep your mind occupied.  You can try some meditation videos...there are plenty of them on YouTube.  

But I think most importantly is to set a realistic goal to start off with and then go from there.  I did a little checking on the internet and I found some sites that say that two to three times a week is average for somebody your age.  So monthly may not even be a goal to strive for....maybe the two or three is more realistic.  

Now i had the confidence to overcome this.... Thank you very much... Thanks a lot..
Doesn't porn currupt our instinct ideology or thinking abilities? Isn't  this make us wish or desire to go over the extreme contents of sexual creativities such that (dp,orgies,swinging parties also in other bizzares sexual activities, as such they are all available very easily in many porn websites.Its an antichrist's capital element, its better to avoid this and do follow the right teaching of lord and its to get in couple with one suitable partner as soon as one realize it.Make yourself responsible or busy to acheive the right meaning of life.Its no doubt hard but not impossible. Just know the purpose of your life, instead of wasting your time in that satan crap