OCD HIV related
I think I have OCD specifically related to worrying about HIV. My newest fear is worrying about getting it from eatting food prepared by someone who had it and bleed into the food. I was getting pizza and the kid making the pizza didn't wear gloves and even took my money when I paid. What if he had cuts on his hands, like we all do, when he made the pizza and blood got into it. Or if someone at McDonald had blood on their hands when they handed me my sandwich that wasnt completely wrapped and I ate it with blood on the bread? Any advise to help me get over these fears? Thank you.
Also is there any risk of touching blood on a surface and getting into a cut or touching my eye/mouth/nose with that blood?
HIV loses its ability to infect you after 30 seconds outside the body. That means the food would have to get from the cook to you in less than 30 seconds for it to even be infectious. Additionally the mouth is generally not able to infected by HIV. Enxymes in your saliva break down the disease and render it un-infectious. Thats why you cant get HIV from oral sex. Once the food hits your stomach, your stomach acids kills any remaining pathogens on contact. There ahs never been a case of someone contracting HIV from food.
No-risk to the second concern for the same reason. The blood would have to be very fresh and in a substantial quantity, like from  a car accident or stabbing or something, or in a hospital setting, and it woul dhave to come in direct contact with a fresh cut on your body. This hardly ever happens except in a health care setting or ambulance.The whole getting the disease through your eye fear is not a true risk.
You need to treat the OCD aspect here. Seeing a psychologist is a good idea. But you can also try the following. Write down the ways HIV is transmitted on an index card.  Unprotected intercourse with a HIV positive person, sharing needles with an HIV positive drug user and mother to child transmission during pregnancy. When this thought comes to mind, take out the card and read it to remind yourself that what you are perceiving as a risk really is not. You had a chance of maybe getting food poisoning from the pizza but NOT HIV.
So sad to see that so many suffer from hiv anxiety. I read an article on the internet about a man who suffered from this same type fear for three years and after tons of negative tests he still isnt totally convinced he is negative. Meanwhile he lost his wife, kids and job because of this irrational fear. And i remember his last words in that message claiming that the worst part of all is that he had himself to thank for it.
I think you have to remember that this is the extreme case.  Plus we don't even know what kind of help he got in terms of psychiatric treatment or medication.  Do not think that if you suffer from HIV anxiety that you will end up in this guy's boat.  The chances are really very slim if you get the right help.