Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Suffering from HOCD?....please read

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Suffering from HOCD?....please read

As you can tell from the site the majority of the posts are regarding HOCD so that in itself should make you feel better because you are not alone.  HOCD is a very real disorder.  What I do want to ask is that you take the time to read some of the other posts.  While I want to help everyone, I feel like a broken record sometimes with my responses.  I wish I could come up with something new to say but I think I have said it all.  This does not go away by itself.  There are tools you need to learn to help yourself and those tools come from a psychologist who teaches CBT.  So please help yourself by taking that first essential step and make an appointment because overanalyzing, testing, etc. are doing more harm than good and since you and I both know that we cannot simply "turn the thoughts off" you need to get that professional help.  

I'm here and I will be reading the posts but please take the time to read other's posts.  Thank you.  JGF
bump
bump
I have recently found out about this HOCD and I believe I may be suffering fom it. My therapist and I are starting to believe I have some form of OCD. Unfortuneatly I tried to send you a post that took a considerable amount of time to write only for it not to be saved. It was practically my life story and now its floating around out there in cyber space. Hopefully this one goes through and you can respond. I would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you
Sorry about your lost post.  In any event you are doing the right thing in that you are seeing a therapist.  HOCD is very, very common.  My own personal belief is that we are born gay or we are not.  We don't just wake up one day and become gay.  What happens is that we end up in this viscious cycle of catastrophizing the thought which leads to anxiety and then going through a checking period only to find our self back at the beginning again.  The therapist is your best bet and I'm sure will be of great help to you.  
bump