Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
fear of herpes

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

fear of herpes

About 6 months ago I was dating a girl that found out she had genital herpes.  Luckily, I didn't get it.  But it did spur a huge ocd ramp-up that has yet to come down.  I have read all about herpes, so I know how it works and all./  But my main fear iis that somehow my refridgerator - freezer is keeping her herpes alive.  So my question is that can herpes stay alive in the freezer>?
I doubt it but how would the virus have gotten in the freezer?
Herpes is an std not a ftd. Lol, sorry had to say that, but no I really think you should stop worrying about it. Herpes is so unlikely to be spread from even a public toilet that your freezer should be safe : ), not to mention the fact that you were having sex with the girl and still didn't get it. Really just be more careful, have your partners geth tested for the three H's: HIV, Hepatitis and Herpes and wear condoms!
If you cannot stop worrying about it still, then put on some gloves and sanitize your freezer with cleaning spray, then all good as new!

btw, that is a good question.. how would the virus have gotten in the freezer. (Just because she touched it does not make the virus in there.)
Its a very fragile virus that doesn't live outside the body very long. It needs a warm and moist environment to thrive.