i have a Trichotillomania
For three years I have been pulling out ny own hair and eating the folicals, I just recently found out that what I did was called Trichotillomania and I'm afraid to tell my mum about it, should I?
Hi Inn, why are you afraid to tell mom? The best thing you can do is get this out in the open so you can be helped. People make conscious decisions to do things, why do you think you are doing this?
I Feel like my parents will Feel ashamed and I do it when ever I Feel stressed, which is a lot.. ive pulled out so much I have to wear a wig, and I've had It pulled off before.. I Feel like I'm weird and different from everyone else..
Hi, pulling out your hair is a conscious decision and am asking why you are doing this instead of taking piano lessions?
I do piano and take violin lessons, but my Disorder has gotten to the point to where I don't even notice I'm pulling out my hair
Hi Inn, as i suggested, what your doing is a conscious act and your doing it for a reason. Try to think of why, you dont like your hair, you like the feeling of pain, your trying to hurt yourself, you have low self esteem?
I think its just because I'm really stressed
It falls under the OCD spectrum disorder and yes, you have developed this habit and you are doing it under times of stress.  And since it is a habit, you are doing it unconsciously.  I know you don't want to talk to your parents but I think you are going to have to.  Trust me, no parent wants to see their child suffer and if you are wearing a wig then the habit has gotten out of hand, your self-esteem is suffering, and your anxiety is going unchecked.  So please talk to your parents.  It doesn't mean you are crazy or weird because if you are then so are the rest of us and I don't consider myself crazy or weird.  You have a disorder not unlike say diabetes for instance where you don't have enough neurotransmitters in your brain for you to handle situations like this.  So please talk to your parents about seeing a psychologist so that you can get the help you need and deserve.  Take care.