Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
intrusive thoughts???

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

intrusive thoughts???

ive been getting these really weird thoughts and images of random things. i start gettin all these questioning thoughts all the time like why do people act the way they do? or for eample if im watching tv i start thinkin why did he say that? and what does that mean?? i was wonderin if anybody has had these type of thoughts and if they are intrusive thouhgts?? please respond
i do the exact same thing. i observe people a lot and i notice a lot of things most ppl dont and i figure ppl out really quickly. I day dream a lot and think up different scenarios if someone had said this or that and sometimes like you said, in shows, im very inquisitve and i sometimes look into things more than necessary. I also sometimes get intrusive thoughts and images that are hard to go away and sometimes i wonder if im crazy but idk. Im not sure if this is a form of OCD or not but im almost 17 and i just found out that i have ADD/HD this year and theres 5 types and apparently i have the obsessive form of it so maybe? I have anxiety problems too and i started seeing a pschiatrist to try to figure this all out

does any of this make sense or sound like you?
yes it does sound like me.it makes me feel better that im not alone....
but how do you put up with this??  it got so bad today that i ended up goign to the E.R!!
they told me it was just aniety but idk because i had aniety before and this feels way different. sometimes i wonder  if im crazy too...
exactly i love this site! i just found it yesterday but its helped me a lot cuz like you said i dont feel as alone cuz no one really understands it.
butt yea dealing with AD/HD along with anxiety and depression is kinda hard.  The AD/HD makes me forget about stuff and makes it easy to lie to myself, but since im a junior in highschool i really need to get my act together.  I guess ive always had a little bit of anxiety but this year now that i decided that i need to give a **** about stuff ive been way more stressed out and anxious.
     Its all really difficult for me to explain, because i dont even understand it and i usually forget about most it and get into different mind frames or like if i stop worrying about it i wonder why all this had bothered me before but it comes back.
    Theres the possiblity i might be bipolar too cuz i just found out my uncle is and my family just has a history of all these health problems mental, and not so who knows what else theyve hidden from me
     But honestly i wouldnt be surprised if i am.  Ive come to terms with the fact that im not normal but its just hard to deal with sometimes
     I read some of your other posts and a couple other peoples talking about depersonalization and i realized that is completely me and it explains a feeling that ive never been able to.

but hmm. how are these feelings different from your anxiety before?

ughh last night i couldnt sleep and all i had was intrusive racing thoughts of wierd images that would pretty much develop on their own and i find that they can be manipulated by me barely thinking, like it seems like im not doing it but i am? does this happen to you?
well sorry to hear that your going through this but it will pass trust me i went through this  and u will get better and yea ive noticed that the only way to stop these thoughts is to try not to think.but thats the difference before i didnt feel like this i would have intrusive thoughts but i was able to handle them another thing is that i feel like i cant think like i have no common sense,like i dont know whats right or wrong.... before i felt weird but i felt like i could still function now i feel like im crazy like everything scares me....  do u ever feel like this???
kindaa. like i always get wierd vibes and feelings throughout the day. like yesterday especially, i think it could be cuz my prozac dose was raised a little cuz thats theonly reason i can think of but i felt reallyy wierd.  Like i was on my way to the doctors in hte car with my mom and i started telling her about this show i  had just watched but it was the feeling where its like you listening to you voice but it seems like its not you and your not controlling it.  Sometimes i realize that i dont have any thought process and yea like the common sense thing where im really unsure and dont know what to do. its really confusinggg