Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
ocd or anxity help puhleeees

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

ocd or anxity help puhleeees

Hello. I'm always afraid of getting HIV.  I don't do drugs nor unprotected sex. but I get scared all the time.  I went to the dentist and I can't stop thinking that the tools infected me.  HIV experts told me that its zero risk.  And.   Asked me To seek professional help.  I just keep on taking my temperature.   4 times a day.  And when I go get tested, I wounded about the needle they tested me with.   Please help
Well it is definitely HIV anxiety and perhaps a bit of OCD but you would really need to see a therapist to get a proper diagnosis.  You are not alone in this thinking and the things you describe are not considered a risk.  Obviously this is affecting your daily life so now is the time to seek professional help in the form of a psychologist that specializes in CBT.  Take care.  
Thank you.   But what is cbt?
Oops...sorry...CBT is cognitive behavioral therapy.  It involves learning controlled breathing techniques, journaling your negative thoughts and replacing them with positive ones, etc.  They can teach you techniques and you can figure out what works best for you and also they can do talk therapy with you which I think is really important as well.  

The thought that you will give HIV from dental instruments, etc is really an irrational thought and obviously this thought is staying with you.  So that is why I said it fits under OCD but is more likely HIV anxiety.  In any case, I think that a psychologist will be a great help to you.  

I too had HIV anxiety in addition to my regular out of control OCD and I was able to get past it so I know it is possible with the right help.  

Good luck and let me know how it goes for you.  
Thank you