scalp/forehead scratching and hair loss
I am only 16 but for a year or two now i have been scratching my scalp and my forehead for and bumps or imperfections or i scratch just to scratch and i don't understand why i am doing this. I do get scabs but i scratch them off before they can heal. Also, hair is always falling out when i do this, but i enjoy seeing my hair when it falls out. It's mostly in the front of my head where this happens, so my bangs are a lot thinner than the rest of my hair. I'm not sure if this is due to stress because of my newly broken family or if there is something else causing this. I'm also not sure if i should be telling or going to anyone for this. I am the only one I know of who knows of my scratching. I do scratch during classes too, so it can be hard to pay attention sometimes. Please help. What should I do?
It can be a response to stress and you do sound like you have a lot going on right now.  It is hard to get over something like this when you don't have the proper tools in place and those tools can be taught to you by a psychologist.  Obviously, this is bothering you and it is interfering with your school so it is time to seek that help.  Talk to your parents or parent...whichever you feel comfortable with.  You can also seek out the school counselor as well so that you can talk about the issues you are dealing with in your life.  For the time being, try to pay attention to when you are doing the scratching and picking and stop yourself.  If you are at home, try wearing socks on your hands or a hat on your head because it is hard to scratch or pick at something that you can't get to.  Sit on your hands if you have to.  In the end though, I think you have issues that need to be talked out with some sort of counselor.  Take care.