Occupational Safety & Health Expert Forum
Am i making myself worse.

This forum is for questions and support regarding Occupational Safety & Health questions pertaining to: Blood Borne Exposures (Needle sticks), Chemical Safety-Spills-Exposure, Confined Spaces, Corporate Planning, Ergonomics, Fire Safety-Exposure, Industrial Hygiene, Hazard Communication, Hazardous Material Handling and Shipping, Health and Productivity Management, Indoor Air Quality, Injuries in the workplace, Noise-induced hearing loss, Nanotechnology and your health, Occupational Asthma , Pandemic Influenza (“FLU”), Personal Protective Equipment, Risk Communication, Safe Lifting Techniques, Workers compensation

Am i making myself worse.

Should i be lifting and carying due to me having dermoid cysts. My job is nursery nurse..
  • foot pain (1 replies):
    my foot feels like it needs to be cracked, but cant.I ca...[more]
  • lump on chest (1 replies):
    my wife woke up this morning with a golfball size lump o...[more]
  • Trip to Israel (3 replies):
    My daughter is traveling to Israel for 2 weeks What med...[more]
  • stool length (1 replies):
    my stool is too long is thier anything to worry about ...[more]
  • Lung Pain (4 replies):
    I sandblasted for about 3 yrs I have been having chest p...[more]
Avatar dr m tn
Hello.

My advice depends on several pieces of information:
1. How much pain do you have on a scale of 1-10 when you are at rest, and when you are lifting?
2. What does your physician advise you to do?
3. How large is the cyst (have you had imaging such as a CT or MRI)?
4. What is the maximum weight that you are required to carry at work?

~•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.