Occupational Safety & Health Expert Forum
Chronic Arm Pain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Occupational Safety & Health questions pertaining to: Blood Borne Exposures (Needle sticks), Chemical Safety-Spills-Exposure, Confined Spaces, Corporate Planning, Ergonomics, Fire Safety-Exposure, Industrial Hygiene, Hazard Communication, Hazardous Material Handling and Shipping, Health and Productivity Management, Indoor Air Quality, Injuries in the workplace, Noise-induced hearing loss, Nanotechnology and your health, Occupational Asthma , Pandemic Influenza (“FLU”), Personal Protective Equipment, Risk Communication, Safe Lifting Techniques, Workers compensation

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chronic Arm Pain

Hello, I have read all your Q&A's on this topic.  I received the Flu/H1N1 in Septempber, 2010. Still having pain and some loss of ROM in that arm 6 weeks later, I notified employee health who were to busy to see me so directed me to the ER where I was dx with a Sprain ( no injury though) and dc'd on warm soaks and NSAIDS. No improvement ,so then directed to an Ortho Surgeon who ordered PT for 6 weeks, Never did get totally pain free or full ROM. 4 months later,sent to another Ortho with DX Left RC tendonitis. Is now 10 months since this started, 2 cortisone injections later, still unable to so some ADL's without help d/t pain and limited ROM. Dr.is talking possible surgery to "clean out" the arm. I continue to work with no loss of time,had no limitations since I am able to work around the pain and inablity to raise my arm or bend it behind my back. MRI possibly next visit. If I do elect surgery, it won't be until next winter when I can get some PTO. Is it at all possible this is still related to the injection ? We are required to have a TDap booster by August,2011 (can only decline if proof of reaction) and then the flu/H1N1 rolls around again by Oct. We are required to wear masks at all times if we decline the flu shot. I am terrified that if this happens again in my dominant arm (R), I won't be able to work or even take care of myself. I asked and the gluteus is a no, but vastus lateralis is acceptable for injection sites. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.