Occupational Safety & Health Expert Forum
Left Side Spasm?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Occupational Safety & Health questions pertaining to: Blood Borne Exposures (Needle sticks), Chemical Safety-Spills-Exposure, Confined Spaces, Corporate Planning, Ergonomics, Fire Safety-Exposure, Industrial Hygiene, Hazard Communication, Hazardous Material Handling and Shipping, Health and Productivity Management, Indoor Air Quality, Injuries in the workplace, Noise-induced hearing loss, Nanotechnology and your health, Occupational Asthma , Pandemic Influenza (“FLU”), Personal Protective Equipment, Risk Communication, Safe Lifting Techniques, Workers compensation

Left Side Spasm?

For the past month or more I have had left side sensations,  I have had a tubal 3 years ago so I shouldn't be pregnant but it the sensation that I feel on my left side it feels like when you are pregnant and you feel the baby push against your side and then it goes away.  It comes and goes pretty quick.  I really can't feel it with my hand on the outside just I know it is happening from the inside.  Like I said it started out doing it maybe once a week or every two weeks to now 15-20 times a day.  This does not hurt me at all but I know it is not normal.  I have been feeling of my left side around my rib area it is very painful to the touch around my last rib.  But I am feeling the sensations more in my front not the side about a hand width from by belly buttom back toward my rib.  But it is never in the same spot.  Sometimes its high and sometimes its low.  I did take thinking maybe that would help but it didn't.  
I did recently have a uterus ultrasound to see if it was normal size due to having heavy periods but that was normal.  

Like I said I'm not in pain unless I touch my side.  This sensation is more towards the front not on my side but it is on my left.

Do you know what it might could be?
Avatar_dr_m_tn

You might consider posting your question in the Family Medicine or Gynecology forums.

~•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.