rotator cuff tear related to flu shot
I received a flu shot in late dec. 09 and had immediate soreness of left shoulder and got worse thru May of 10. I had a MRI which showed a tear in my rotator cuff. (more details if needed) My question is Why did this happen?

To my knowledge, there are no case reports of a flu shot causing a rotator cuff tear. However, please review a recent post regarding shoulder pain after a flu shot and a discussion of bursitis.

What were the exact MRI findings (partial tear, full-thickness tear???) Were there any other findings noted on your MRI?

Feel free to follow-up with any specific questions that you may have.

~•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.