Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Expert Forum
Knee replacement

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

Knee replacement
I had my knee replaced end of Oct 2010. There is a soreness on the outside of the knee which is bad when I walk down stairs and during the day gradually increases in intensity/discomfort. Should I seek an appointment with my ortopedist ior is this like so many of the other post op symptoms....something that improves over time?
Any unusual pain that perisists or worsens should be brought to the attention of your surgeon. While this may be nothing serious, it may be something that will get worse if left alone. In addition, even if it is not a concern for alarm, your surgeon may be able to treat it and relieve your symptoms. There is no reason for you to be in pain if you don't need to be.  Isn't that why you had the knee replaced to begin with?