Orthopedics Community
Aching constant pain on right side between ribs and hip.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

So over the past few days i been having sever left hip and lower back pain due to a injury in 1999 while in military. I been having trouble setting, standing up strait, and laying down. To me that is normal, but this morning i woke up with a aching feeling on my right side (almost strait down from arm pit) right above my hip bone. It is not a sharp pain but an aching pain with a lite burning. Like the burning you get when you give a muscle a good workout. It is constant and does not increase with with anything i do. I know this may sound odd but it feels more outside then inside. Any ideas?? thank you
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems.  The exact cause of pain cannot be ascertained on net, but could be due to kidney stone, colitis, appendicitis, gas, muscle pull, multiple pinched nerves, peripheral neuropathy as in diabetes, hypothyroidism, lupus etc or due to low vitamin B12.  Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you. It did go away a day or so after i posted this. I think i put to much strain on that side trying take pressure off my left side and it was muscle pain. thank you again for you information i will keep it in mind if i have that issue gain