Aa
A
A
Close
Ankle Injury
My MRI revealed that I have a bone splinter in my ankle, what is that?  How serious is it and what is the treatment?  I have to wait a week to see my doctor so I am going crazy looking for answers...haven't been successful finding any yet.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

A bone splinter refers to an abnormal bone fragment (usually occurs secondary to injuries/ fractures) which may be associated with any of the bones or the ankle joint. The seriousness and the management would depend on the size and the location of the fragment. This is best discussed in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this information helps.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
1711789 tn?1361311607
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
The nurse who gave me my tests results over the phone gave me the wrong information - I don't know if she mixed me up with another patient or what - anyway, my poroneus brevis tendon is splayed between posterior cortex of lateral malleolus and the peroneus longus tendon.  I have had this injury since April or May and it was caused by pedaling on my stationary bike - inbetween all this time I have been misdiagnosed so many times -this new foot doctor I went to is having me do 3 sessions of physical therapy and that is supposed to help heal it.  It's difficult for me to believe that an injury that I have had for 7 months now is going to be cured in 3 weeks.  I am going to give it a try, but I have a feeling this will end up in surgery.  He said my chances of physical therapy working is 50/50.
Thank you for responding to my question.  I'm sorry I had the wrong info.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank