Ankle 'collapses'
I've noticed several times recently that my ankle fails when I am walking. It's happened a few times as I've been descending the stairs, but has also happened mid stride. It's kind of weird. I haven't been able to find anything online that addresses this type of problem. There is no pain involved, no swelling. It's not severe enough to cause me to fall, but it happens so spontaneously and catches me off guard.
I am female, healthy, 61 y/o.
hi,
have you started a new exercise regimen or yoga recently?
Nope, no changes in my routine, health or weight.
Please consult an Orthopaedician,it can be due to laxity of ligaments at the ankle joint,Treat it at once befor it becomes too lax.Wear a creep bandage to support your ankle joint.Do a thorough blood work.Are you wearing right size footwear?
Are the rest of your joints normal or do you experience such symptoms with the other joints too?Consulting the orthopaedician with answers to all these queries would help in the diagnosis of your problem.
Goodluck.,
HI
im 17 and have collapsesing ankles. i started seeing it when i was about 14. i have pain in my ankles when i walk and when i run but what i have noticed is when  i weare me shoes instead of sandles my ankls dont bother me as much. but they still get on my nurves. any clue on what i can do. my email is  teresa.***@****. help if you can please