Aa
A
A
Close
Ankle pain and swelling
About 3 days ago I began having pain in my left ankle along with swelling. The swelling is just on the outside and it gets as big as half of a good size grapefruit. The pain feels inside my ankle however, when touching the ankle on the outside I cannot find when the pain might be coming from. When touching on the inside I feel pain just behind the bone that sticks out the furthest. Both the pain and the swelling are gone by morning but get worse as the day goes on. Any help or suggestions as to what this might be would be appreciated. Thanks!!!
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I have since found out that I have tendonitis of the front and inside tendons. Now I am experiencing some pain in my calf muscle. Is this normal for this kind of injury and how much should I be using this ankle?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your pain. Possibilities that may need to be considered include injuries, inflammations, degeneration, growths from the bone or connective tissue etc. Tendonitis could cause referred pain the calf, though I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician to rule out other causes and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
1711789 tn?1361311607
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank