Broken tibia + fibula
Greetings,

So here's what happened to me and my current concerns:

I had a auto accident and I broke the tibia and fibula bones. After 12 days in the hospital without having the surgery on my leg I was told by the doctors that it wouldn't matter the long waiting...Ok so, when I finally got the surgery and after seeing an X-ray of my leg I had some questions from my own. I asked the doctor why my fibula looked like is still broken on the x-ray. The response was that the fibula was already healing and there was no reason to attach pins or screws to it and also they said that fibula bone does not support the body weight at all.
I just wanted to have an opinion to make sure that I will not have problems in the future with my leg because of the fibula bone is now on that position. If all this was due to the 12 days without the surgery that mean someone did a bad job! Please help!
I had both bones broken too and they only nailed the tibia. I was told the fibula would align itself and heal as is. so far so good.
I am no Dr. but that looks out of line to me.  I had similar injury.Had nail inserted w/ screws and nothing done w/ fibula. However,5 months later my fibula still hadn't healed so I had a bone graft done with a plate and more screws inserted. I think a second opinion may be in order. Good luck &speedy recovery!
Here's my story , i had a broken tibia and fibula as well i was trying tio help a female from getting beaten by his boyfriend , it was slippery oitside my right leg went forward and my left leg went backwards and my big ***( lol ) landed on top of my ankle and distored my ankle and broke my tibia and fibula , i went to the hospital where i stayed two nights then on monday i had to go see the bone doctor at the other hosiptal and told me that your fracture was a bad one . i was on a cast for four weeks now and i can stand on my left foot , reason for is that i've been taken calcium tablets ( 2 tablets twice a day ) and my aunt was surprise that i can stand on it ,, her words were i don't believe it no one that i know heals that fast .. SO IF YOU WANNA HEAL FASTER I SUGGEST YOU TAKE CALCIUM TABLETS ,,OK I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU
Broke my tibia & fibula on Feb 4th of this year. Still non weight bearing and still get a tremendous amout of swelling. From what I see from other posts it looks like on average its going to be a year or so before its completely healed!? I was taking calcium with vit D but read that it causes CV disease and breast cancer in women so I stopped taking it. If I try to put any pressure its burns like crazy.I was told I had a titanium rod to help my tibia fuse itself together....fyi this was from afall down my steps (4 steps).

Any insite?? Havent seen my ortho doc in 6 weeks. I have no medical insurance and they are money hungry. I refuse to see the vultures!
Seems as though your healing is the same as mine was. I have never heard that about the calcium w/ D,but I was told to take D3 & a big dose of vit.C. You really should have a check up in the next couple of weeks just to make sure everything is healing as it should. Also make sure you are working on your range of motion even if just by doing foot rolls & pointing & flexing your foot. Good luck!