Dislocated Finger 3months ago, still really messed up
3 months ago i dislocated my middle finger knuckle playing basketball and went to the ER so they could re-align it. They took xrays and said that there were no broken bones, and said to leave the splint on for 3 weeks and buddy tape it for a week. Its almost 3 months later and my finger is extremely sore and swollen. My knuckle is also a blue-ish color and unable to be fully extended and bent. I was wondering if someone could tell me what is going on, and how i can fix it, or if only 100% necassary, if i should go to the doctor :'(      thanks for any adviced
This can be healed easily by regular Physiotherapy. Stiff fingers after splint you can only heal by exercise, Physiotherapy.
Take care!
Thank you so much i will make an appointment asap

I usually heal very fast and this seems to be taking very long, and is making it difficult to play sports. The athletic trainer at my school was very concerned at how swollen it was. Is a large amount of swelling normal after 3 months, or should the swelling be getting better? (which it hasn't).
Have a routine X-ray done and if the healing of bone is perfect then that is the way to go, everything will be perfect.
The swelling is due to the splint pressing on to your veins and the drainage of blood not happening properly due to the constant pressure, now with Physiotherapy after taking out the splint you will slowly regain strength. You can take some medicines to decrease swelling, ask your physician to prescribe.
Take care!