Orthopedics Community
HA knee injections allergy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

HA knee injections allergy

I suffer from Chondromalacia in both my knees and my orthopedic told me to try HA knee injections. I already did 2 injections from the 3 i will in both my knees.
The first injection i noticed after 2 days skin rashes and fealing a heat below my skin all over my body. well i didn't thought that it had to do with HA. The second injection a week after i had the same from the day after the injection. He told me not to proceed with the third as this is dangerous. I am desperate as those injections seem to help me a lot, and i want to be sure that i am really allergic to that. can you help me with an advice or did you had similar situations?
The name of the injection was LG-Hyruan plus and after the allergy i used Xyzal.

Nicolas
Hey Nicolas!

Your doctor is probably right in asking you to avoid the third injection. Even though the previous allergies have been mild, the reaction to a third cannot be predicted and this could at times become life threatening; though the allergy could have been due to any of the sub ingredients as well. I would suggest trying a different brand with prior allergy testing. If the reaction recurs, one may have to try a different management plan. You may like to discuss this in detail with your orthopedician.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Thanks a lot,
But how exactly i will make an allergy test to that ingredient?
Is there any blood analysis testing?
Finally, as now that ingredient is already inside my knee why the allergy is stopped?
Regards

Nicolas
Hi again!

The allergy test is not done for individual ingredients but to the sample. This can be done either by skin or blood tests. This is advised for another brand that your orthopedician may consider before the treatment is initiated and not afterwards.
Hope this is useful.

Take care!