Orthopedics Community
Joint crunching and pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Joint crunching and pain

What causes pain and crunching noise on my shoulder joints and my foot joints and my knee?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
     How are you? Crunching or grinding with pain in multiple joints indicate arthritis or chronic damage to the joints due to wear and tear. What is your age and since when are you experiencing these symptoms? Are you an athlete or any other sports person? As, this could have lead to the wear and tear. If, no then a complete work up for arthritis should be considered.
Rest, ice packs, anti-inflammatories and strengthening exercises are used in treating this condition. Consult a orthopedician for further assistance.
Best.

Blank
I am a 45 year old female and relatively fit. When i do certain exercises i get a strange crunching/grinding feeling in various joints when undertaking some exercises. The joints are: knees, shoulders, ankles and hips. Ive only had this for approx 3 to 4 weeks. Its very unconfortable , and restricts certain ways i can lift my arms and legs during exercies. Do i need to take some sort of vitamin or health tablet to loosen my joints?
Blank
Hello!

I would suggest you to take intermittent NSAIDs, apply ice packs and rest for some days.

If your symptoms persist then get yourself examined by an orthopedician and go for some scans and rule out conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and conditions like gout.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank