Orthopedics Community
KNEE REPLACEMENT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

KNEE REPLACEMENT

I HAD KNEE REPLACEMENT SURGERY 9 WEEKS AGO.  THE PAIN IS SO INTENSE.  THE ONLY TIME IT SEEMS NOT TO HURT IS IF I CAN SLEEP.

I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO TAKE ANY PILLS ALL THE TIME FOR PAIN.  I JUST AM BESIDE MYSELF.   I ASKED THE DR AT MY POST OP AND HE STATES THIS IS NORMAL..  MY KNEE ALSO CLICKS SOMETIMES.  HE STATES THIS IS NORMAL TOO.  

PLEASE HELP.  I NEED SOME ADVICE.
I have had several hip surgeries and my hip clicks as well. I was taking pain medication but it ended up becoming more than what it should have been so I stopped that. I did have a cortosone shot done which has helped! Good luck to you!
I am 6 months out from total knee replacement.  I still have pain.  I was still taking pain meds at 9 weeks.............I am still taking them...........I also had my other one scoped and will need it replaced too.

I can totally relate with your pain, some days I can hardly stand it.  What kind of pain meds do they have you on?   Oh, my knee clicks too........my dr said I have to remember that it is now mechanical and it will do that, it gets where you dont notice that too much.

I am here to talk any time.