Orthopedics Community
Lump on leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Lump on leg

Hi - i had a operation 3 years ago for Tarcel Tunnel release, ( left leg ) which in turn i had Staf a infection, now the infection has gone, but suffer Cronic (chronic) pain disorder !! before christmas i noticed a lump on leg, about half way down, its about 1-3 cm  wide, it moves, but seems to be attached to bone? its painful to touch, but otherwise ok. i have noticed the last week that my pain is alot worse and my left leg seems to be aching alot more than normal? to the point that i can barley walk,  my right leg now seems to be aching too?
i am on Transtec 70pg/h and also 10, which is changed every 3 days, do you have any idea? im waiting for a appointment at my local GP,  Many thanks
Tags: lumps, leg, Pain
If you have lump in your bone, then it should not be moving.
If it is moving at all, then either it will be in muscle or in tendon in that area.
Plain radiographs in 2 planes of the affected area are the 1st imaging examinations indicated.
For soft-tissue tumors, best imaging modality is MRI for defining anatomy and precisely depicting lesion.
Are there any associated symptoms?
Keep me informed.
I would be interested to know what have you planned and what does the GP has to say.
Bye.
Thank you for your reply,

its on the side part of leg, seems to move, only when touched, hurts!!!!! since i had the infection i do not have much muscle ( wasted i was told ) as i could not use my leg for several months, where i suffer from the CPD i have patch's for it, but as i said previously my leg has increased in pain the last week, sitting, putting it up, down, pillows underneath nothing is working, the pain is from my foot upto my thigh.( Ache is the only way to discribe it, but nothing gets rid of pain ) i have a appointment with my GP next Friday ( not a emergancy !) so will wait and see what he has to say.

is that any help?

Thank you again.
It is indeed difficult to come to a conclusion.
You also said you have muscle wasting. Is it local or generalized?
The pain you are describing is due to nerve involvement at the site of swelling.
The swelling is compressing on the nerve causing symptoms.
Symptoms like pain which radiates up the thigh.
You can take pain meds as of now and plan for imaging study.
Keep me informed.
Bye.