Pain on top of foot
What could be causing the bones on the top of my feet to hurt?  The pain feels like it is in the bones (at the highest point) that run from the big toes to the ankles.

Any remedies?
i have the same problem, have you found any remedies yet?
One thing that might help--do not tie your shoes too tight.  You probably have high arches and I get this a lot.  I have to wear larger shoes and tie the laces loose or the top of my feet hurt a lot.
Pain in the foot can be due to several causes like stress fracture, arthritis, gout, plantar fascitis, sprain, or due to ill-fitting shoes.
Another cause may be loss of normal medial longitudinal arch that leads to pes planus or flat foot. It may be due to ruptutre of a tendon (posterior tibial tendon).
Do you have any recent history of injury or medical problems like gout or arthritis?
You may try applying ice, elevate your foot and try some over-the-counter pain medicine, like ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
If there is no relief in pain, you should consult an orthopedician for proper examination and x-ray for diagnosis.
Take care