Orthopedics Community
Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Pain

Alright, I have this pain in my right side of my hip. The pain isn't really in my hip but it's a shooting pain from my hip to my knee. I only have the pain when I take weight off my right leg for about a minute or more or when I put all my weight on my right leg for about a minute or more. First it started off every once in a while, but now after a month the pain is every time I put/ take the weight off my right leg. It is not from my sciatic nerve. I have no clue what it could be and my parents believe it is nothing. I am only 17 should I be having this kind of pain.
Tags: hip pain, Pain, help
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

This seems like a muscle/tendon or a ligament injury.

You have to ice your hip joint and not exert it and you can also take intermittent NSAIDs to relieve the pain and inflammation.

If the pain continues then you have to go for some scans, X-ray and MRI for diagnosis.

Follow up with an orthopedician.

Take care!
Is it on the side of your leg, front or back? It could be related to your lumbar spine...
I haven't done any that would have torn anything. I know what a muscle/tendon and ligament injury feel like this isn't the same. It feels more like something just stabbed me in the leg. The shooting pain goes from my hip to almost my knee.
The pain is mid way between the right side and the front.