Orthopedics Community
Peroneus Brevis Tear - 6 months after surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Peroneus Brevis Tear - 6 months after surgery

Hi,

I had surgery roughly 6 months ago on a torn peroneus brevis.  I did all of the rehab etc.  I've been playing basketball lately and lifting weights again to try to regain strength but the area has been sore and tender lately.  It also gets swollen as the day goes on.  Is this still normal 6 months later?  Also, if I gently roll my foot (it was on my right foot, so roll it so that the pinky toe is lower than the big toe) it hurts.  Still normal?

I'm just afraid I tore it again somehow even though I haven't reinjured (as far as I know).

Thanks,

Chris
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
also if I pull my toes up I can kind of feel a stringy thing (no clue how else to describe it) behind my ankle toward the achilles.  I don't feel that on the non-operated foot.  Any ideas?
Blank
By following a physical therapist’s routine, many patients can return to sports and activities within six after peroneus brevis surgery. Although, there are some patients that would require longer time to recover.

Since you have experienced recent tenderness and swelling, I would advise you to consult your doctor right away to rule out any re-injury and to be sure that it is healing correctly.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank