Post Collarbone Surgery
I had surgery on my collarbone about 5 months ago. I just now recently started phys therapy... I believe it is helping me strength wise but not easing any pain, I would say it's even making it worse.

I had surgery on my collarbone- they took a neck muscle and tied my collarbone and rib together so my collarbone can't dislocate. My collarbone would dislocate many times throughout the day for 4 years.

Anyway, I am still having a lot of pain in my chest (near my collarbone) and neck. Also... another concern is that my shoulder is starting to crackle now. When I put a lot of stress on my collarbone joint (raising my arm up, or just resting on it) I hear crackling in my shoulder (same side i had surgery on)

Anything to worry about? I don't have any more follow ups with the doc... but should I make an apt to bring this up?

Thanks!
I just sent you a note. I hope you do respond because my 14 year old son may have a similar injury and I have not met anyone with first hand knowledge yet.

Dean
By the way, I found something in a medical publication that may be relevant to you and my son. However, not sure what it means in laymen's terms other than if you suffer this injury at a young age it could cause some complications. Here is the link, I think you should check it out.

www.jockdockonline.com/retro.html