Orthopedics Community
Problem in Right Knee

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Problem in Right Knee

Dear Sir,

I have a problem in my right knee  for the past 2 months due to which there is difficulty in walking and also little pain when I stretch my knee straight after a while. Had MRI done and report says

" Tear in Posterior Horn of Medial meniscus.
partial anterior cruciate Ligament tear with posterior cruciate ligament buckling.
Earlier degenerative changes noted as tibial spiking, marrow & articular cartilage thinning.

Please advise if I need a surgery or can it be managed with physio and precautions.

Avatar dr m tn
Hello!

Simple Grade I and some Grade II injuries can be easily treated without surgery; you can heal by conservative therapy.

You can wear a below knee cast for 4-6 weeks and then depending on the healing can start physiotherapy.

Apply ice packs and take pain killers for pain relief.

Surgical repair is considered when you do not have time and when the healing fails in conservative therapy and in Grade III injuries.

Discuss with an orthopedician.

Take care!
Sir, the above report of MRI indicates which Grade Injury ?

You should have arthroscopic surgery to take care of the meniscal tear, at the very least!  Best of luck!