Prolozone Therapy for Knee
Has anyone ever tried something called Prolozone therapy for arthritis, particularly for a knee that has little cartilage left? I am wondering about the claims that in some people it can restore cartilage and help patients avoid knee replacement. I have had regular prolotherapy done, but it did not help me.
Thanks.
mk55
hi buddy,
as far as i know, this prolozone is not much successful in present day,It's not that it's bad, the main point is poor patient selection. Bad knee with arthritis, still now, total knee replacement is considered as better option.
regards
Thank you for the info, Abhijeet. I suspected as much and will probably go forward with replacement eventually.
mk55
hi mk,
yes, replacement surgery is a very good option. It gives very good pain relief as well as range of motion of the joint. So don't hesitate.
Regards
I had 3 surgeries on my right knee,  my first in May 2008, 2nd in Oct 2008,  and total knee replacement in April 2009.  I have completed phsical theraphy at home for 7 weeks,  and outpatient P.T for 6 add'l wks.  I have more pain now than before.  I can't walk without my cane for long periods,  I can't sit,  because my back now hurts,  and I can't sleep too well.  All medications and shot of cortisone don't seem to work well.   I continue to search for a avenue of relief.  Keep searching the halls of medical/alternative research for a solution,  as I am.  I will post news if I find the solution.  JGR60
Total Knee Relplacement if done at proper time can give you relief with arthritis. The selection of the patient, age and the arthritis at presentation determine the success of the operation.
Physiotherapy for 3 months would relieve you of major pain. Continue the Physiotherapy as by 6 months you would not need any support and the pain would decrease to marginal proportions and in an years time you would be hale and hearty if surgery is successful and if you do not have any complications.
Proper asceptic means is very important and you can take anti inflammatory drugs intermittently for pain.
With gait correction you will have some amount of back pain but which will decrease over a period of time. Take care!
Couldn't agree with you more. For anyone considering Prolozone therapy, PLEASE CHECK IT OUT! For us resulted in bone infection, misdiagnosis, surgery, and 6 weeks daily hospital IV antibiotics.

Google "Dr Shallenger" for controversy /legal judgments regarding this doctor.

Prolozone Therapy is "At your own risk." Please research before making a  decision.
Word of WARNING to you . . . surgery is irreversible . . . ozone therapy has been proven effective for DECADES . . . . the government has a monopoly over health care and will outlaw anything that prevents one penny of your money going into their pockets.  It's all about their CONTROL - not your health

Ozone Therapy is not a new therapy. It is invented by Germans and is practiced in Germany for over 100 years. Germany, Italy, France, Russia are the European nations where it is legalized. Japan, Cuba, Latin American countries and our neighbors like Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, etc are also using it. It was also used extensively in USA before the World War I following which political pressure by Pharma Giants has prevented its growth in USA.  http://www.altmedicenter.com/am/oz.asp?pageID=oz.asp

FDA's ban of ozone therapy in the USA since the 1940s even after 60 years of prior successful ozone therapy in America. The FDA also ignores the fact that ozone therapy is currently used safely, effectively, and openly in Germany, Russia, and Cuba. Evidently, America's Medical Mafia is not fond of ozone therapy's proven efficacy for a wide range of diseases, including cancer and AIDS.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/028201_ozone_therapy_FDA.html#ixzz1KNpsUzHl
I've seen rmi60's post word for word in other forums and researched it.  Dr Shallenger is an excellent Doctor who was persecuted in California, not for harming anyone but for using alternative therapies -  http://www.truthaboutshallenberger.com/  -There's 2 sides to every story.  

Also look up discosan if you're interested.

My wife was diagnosed with osteo arthritis in her left knee. One treatment of prolozone consisting mainly of B Vitamins and Traumeel followed by ozone, and three weeks later she is totally pain free with excellent extension and mobility. What I have discovered is that it is not the cartilage that has broken down as the doctors will tell you, but the matrix of ligaments that need repair. The doctors want to sell you a new knee.
This spring I did 3 rounds of prolotherapy on my right knee (bone on bone) which really improved the pain level. But after 18 months of favoring my right knee, my left knee is bad.  I choose prolozone as I like the research showing it replacing the cartilage as opposed to pain management. I have had 3  shots in both knees.  My right one is doing ok, but after my last shot 3 days ago, my left knee is swollen and pretty painful.  I was wondering how many shots she had, as well as if there was pain that subsided after a bit.  I am not interested in knee replacements.
I'm considering Prolozone for knee OA and can't get off the fence, for fear it will not work for me......I did 2 series of dextrose Prolo in this knee and it didn't work.....PRP and Stem Cells are out of reach in my pocketbook.

I do NOT want knee surgery of any kind.....
I received two injections and within 6 weeks my knee went from troublesome to that i can barely walk on it with a cane and now the only solution is a knee replacement and i did not need that before i had the injections.