Scaphoid fracture please help

I first felt pain of my wrist around august 2008 after hurting it boxing i carried on with my usual job which is a bicklayer for a couple of months i then had it xrayed and found out i fractured my scaphoid and was told i would have an opperation on it. This took place in march 09 a pin was placed in the scaphoid an my wrist was casted for 6 weeks after removing the cast the bone had not healed so i wore a splint for 4 weeks an went back to the hospital were they told me i would have to have a bone graft because it had not healed.

I had the bone graft in october 2009 bone was took from the radius an put in the fracture along with a new blood vessel and a k-wire. the cast came off a week ago and i have to go back in 3 weeks for an xray im becoming very impatient and depressed.

I would like to know the chances of it healing.
And if it does how long will it be before i can go back to work as a bricklayer.

Please find time to try and answer my question
Hello!

I can understand your dilemma. The chances of healing depend on your bone accepting the graft and proper blood circulation to the fracture part.

Healing of small bones, like carpal bones with age and complications becomes difficult.

If you will have proper blood circulation to the fractured bone after the graft then you will be fine and with a-vascular problems you might have more complications.

Follow all instructions of your orthopedician and if required take a second opinion.

Take care!

Thanks for your help its much appreciated i was wondering if it does'nt heal is there anything else they can do or is that it ?

Please find time to write back