Shoulder surgery???
I have had two shoulder surgery over the last 14 months. I am still having great pain when rotating arm up and outwards and loss of strength. orthopedic surgeon ordered mri. MRI showed increased signal involves the supraspinatus tendon and infraspinatus tendon with focal signal abnormality of the distal distal conjonted tendon suggesting partial to near complete tear. aditional endinopathy is present involving he conjoined and distalsuraspinatus tendon. fluid is present involving region of the ac joint suggestig surgery and along the subdeltoid fat plane. mild fluid signal is resent involving subscrpularis tendon insertion sugesting tedinopathy.

does this indicate another shoulder surgery is indicated. i have had steroid injections and been in therapy with no relief,
Hello mstsbb,

You clearly have tears which have not healed. You would need to follow up with a physiotherapist and also try conservative treatment initially. Supraspinatus and infraspinatus are part of the rotator cuff muscles and any tear does not suggest surgery and it can be repaired with proper therapy.

If this does not work out then surgery is required to correct this.

Take care!

had surgery today doctor said it was worst then he expected, he found complete rotator cuff tear he also found laburn tear and my bicep was torn looks like a long road ahead of me. sorry about the typing trying to use one hand not for sure on the procedure he used for bicep i think it was bicep tenodesis but not for sure