Orthopedics Community
Wet Cast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Wet Cast

My 6 yr old jumped in the pool and now his wrist cast is soaked inside. His cast is coming off in in week. Should I be worried about fungus/infection or will it be ok for a week? should I contact his doctor?

Ms. Jt3
Tags: wet cast
You should call your doctors office. The cast should be changed-the under cast cotton material will remain wet and begin to maserate the skin.
My daughter took a shower and i got damp inside i put a cast cover on and i still got wet what should i do.
Her leg cast got damp inside what should i do???
If her cast is just damp I wouldn't worry about it. use a hair dryer on the low/cool setting and try to dry it out. that is if it's a fiberglass cast. A nice tip I found handy when I was in a leg cast wrap the top of the cats with an ace bandage that way if the seal leaks on the cast cover the banage gets wet and not the cast padding. If the cast is wet/soaked Call the dr and get it changed ASAP!