Wrist MRI
I was wondering if anyone knows how accurate MRI's of the wrist are?  I fell and hurt my wrist no fracture but continue to have pain months later.  
The accuracy of an MRI is primarily a factor of the person administering it, and more so the Doctor interpreting it.
It is not common for MRI's to miss anything, that can be seen on one, even with someone who is not an expert in reading them.
Thank you for your comment.  I was just wondering if they show all ligament tears or if some can be missed by MRI.  I guess I should be glad that mine will not only be read by the radiologist but also by my hand surgeon as i am to bring copies with me to my appointment.  Just hoping to get some difinitive answers.  Again thanks for your time.
They are only as accurate as the Radiologist who reads it.  Go back to the Doctor or get a second opinion! Good luck!
Had my MRI and I have to bring the films to the dr with me when i am seen
to go over results.  My appointment is not for quite some time and not knowing the results is driving me crazy.  I keep trying to read the films but have no clue so I will have to be patient.  Just hoping to get some definative answers and a reason for the pain and decreased range of motion.
Yeah, trying to figure out what the heck is on an MRI yourself is just going to drive you nuts!  Can you call the office to see if you can get back in for your results sooner??
Ive tried to get in sooner and there are no appointments any sooner than that.  Im assuming nothing major is going on or would have heard something. I just hope I do get some answers though not that I want anything to be wrong but would feel better if there was a reason for the pain etc., something that could be taken care of.  And yes I am driving myself crazy trying to compare my results with images from the internet.  But I trying not to just let it go for now as thats my only option.  Thanks for the posts.