Orthopedics Community
back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

back pain

I have severe back pain , my family doctor prescribe me hydromorphone 4 mg after 2 months she gave me dilaudid hydromorphone , 4 mg twice a day but pain dosent goes but it increases, doctor told me my spine had fractured and I am using braces for that , but my pain is increasing day by day ,now my doctor gave my back pain Tylenol tablet (but they are for muscular pain and I have pain in my bone ,spine) should I increase  morphine doses?will medically marijwana work ? REMEMBER I AM ASTHAMATIC TOO(I have bad asthma and using prednisone)
PLEASE ANY DOCTOR HELP ME , WHAT TO DO?
because now my doctor is not taking intrest in my case
Hi!
I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain. If you have a fracture, then probably it has not set as it is causing pain—how long ago was that? If it has been two months then you need a CT scan or X-ray to see the current position. If the fracture ends have not aligned properly then this can pinch upon the spinal nerves and the spinal cord and cause a lot of pain.
Also, if the fracture ends have joined, you need to start physiotherapy and take muscle relaxants to relieve muscle tension which comes with pain. Please do not take marijuana or increase dose or morphine. If possible take a second opinion. Meanwhile, please ask your current doctor if you could be taken up for X-rays or CT scan. You need to see a spine specialist. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Hi!

thank you I will ask my doctor