Orthopedics Community
burning under both my feet after standing 2 or 3 min

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

hi i have been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis on both my feet for about a year and a halve now it started with my left foot and after about 6 or 7 month later i had it on my right foot in that time period i did a lot of stretching icing custom made orthotics  foot taping (strapping) physiotherapy i had some of the known symptoms like painful feet after getting out of  bed for about 2 or 3 minutes  then the pain would go away. At first i was getting pain when i put pressure on my heel for that i used cheap over the counter soft insoles that helped me stand  on my foot. it felt like it was getting better and better then all of a sudden it wasn't then they gave me custom made innersoles that were supposed to correct my feet they were very uncomfortable for the first week or so but i got used to them and after using them for 3 or 4 months i started to develop burning pain under both my feet i am not 100% sure that it was the custom made innersoles but thats what i think it was that caused the burning pain i try not to use  anti inflammatory pills instead i use  cream voltaren emu-gel or if iam at home i use bucket with cold water or with ice to dip my feet in that's the best i have seen two sports injury specialist and a orthopedic surgeon and they all say i have plantar fasciitis the  orthopedic surgeon said that the problem could last somewhere between 18 months to two years and that i should do the stretches that he gave and told me i should loose some weight ohh yeh iam really sorry my question seems to be  all over the place this is my first time doing this i just wanted to say my problem at the moment is a painful burning sensation (inflammation) under my feet  when iam on my feet for too long or if iam standing around for a couple of minutes i really think iam over the plantar fasciitis issue i think its something else i just don't know what it is please  help me and thanks

This discussion is related to Foot Sole Pain NOT plantar fasciitis .
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine if the cause of your symptoms is indeed plantar fasciitis or if there are associated causes. Possibilities like spurs, tendonitis, fractures, heel fat pad syndrome, peripheral neuropathy etc. may need to be ruled out as well. Plantar fasciitis may take several months to a couple of years to resolve. Most patients experience relief after about 9-10 months of therapy. Your current management is appropriate and it may be some time before you start experiencing relief. In patients who fail to recover with conservative measures, interventional or surgical measures may be considered.
Hope this helps.

Take care!

thank you very much for your response three weeks after posting my injury on medhelp i started to feel a positive difference where the pain would actually disappear for about 10 to 15 min while i am working (doing a very physical job) iam very happy with whats going on i never felt like this since my injury happened  14 or 15 months ago  my advice to every one who feels like this (with the burning feet after plantar fasciitis) is to make sure you do your stretchers at least  minimum 4 to 5 times a day or more and ice ing foot is very important i would usually dip my feet in cold water for ten min when i got home after work and loosing weight. i have a very bad habit of eating i would sometimes eat without noticing till i was full and t loose weight i was prescribed duramine (speed) very expensive medicine to loose weight but it works very well not so good for people with heart problems though thanks again  S. Kaul, MD and good luck every one