tibia rod removal
I had an intramedullary tibial rod placed 3 years ago and it is hurting. How long is the recovery period from rod removal. I am 34 yearrs old.

The recovery period after rod removal depends on lots of factor prominent among them are your nutritional status, physical therapy, healing of bone, no further injury to the part etc.
When was your rod removed?
You have mentioned that 3 years back the rod was placed and it is still hurting suggests that rod is not removed and you are planning to get it removed.
I think good nutritional status with planned physiotherapy will help in good bone healing and good bone healing would help further in rapid recovery.
Keep me informed if you have any queries.
Bye.  
I had my intramedullary tibial rod removed after a year and a half.  I was walking unassisted a week later and didn't even take pain medication after the surgery.  It was quite simple and easy.  I recommend removal.
I had my tibial rod removed last tuesday. I had it inserted 13 months ago after a ski accident. Prior to its removal I was working out and in better physical shape. I agree with Jaine MD that nutrition and physio are a big part of the heeling process.
Since it's removal last tuesday, I have been walking on my own. however i feel pain around my knee area. Not sure if I can use the stationary buke yet. Going to see my surgeon next week to remove the stitches...will keep u posted.
I had a tiibal rod in my leg for 11 months then it was taken out. I am a soccer player and when I played with the rod in it didn't hurt, but now that it is taken out I am experienceing a lot of pain. I don't know if it is possibly a different injury, or just post removal pain. I can't get in to see my doctor for three weeks. Any suggestions??
i am having my IM rod and screws removed on Dec 18.  Is there anything I should be doing pre-op to speed up my recovery time?
I have had a tibial rod since I was 15 and I am 33 now. It has begun to hurt when I mountain bike and run. Is it possible to remove the rod after so long and how long is the recovery?
Thank you so much am considering this! I cannot stand the rod sticking g up out of my knee hurts so bad, can't bend it properly or even put it on the bed knee down.  Did you have a to is fibia break?
Got tibia and fibula rods out what is the recovery time