Ovarian Cancer Community
2nd Ultrasound Results - Would like your opinions, thanks!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Everyone has been so nice on here and I value your opinions and answers, so I thought I would post the results from my 2nd vaginal/pelvic ultrasound.  I would like to know what questions I should ask my doctor and maybe what you think should be done? I just like to be informed as much as possible!

There is heterogeneous uterine echo pattern and mild uteromegaly measuring 12.7cm by 5.0cm x 7.6cm.  The endometrial stripe is thickened (this after a horrendous period), measuring 2.1cm, which may be secondary to endometrial hyperplasia or polyposis;however, malignancy cannot be excluded.

Left ovary normal in size. Right ovary measures 5.4 cm and two ovarian cysts with the larger one measuring 3.5 cm and the smaller one 1.5cm.

Thank you for any help and I want all of you to know that I keep you in my prayers each day.
Colleen
The lining of your uterus has gotten thick, they cannot tell the cause on US, would need to have a biopsy to be sure.  The ovaries both have cysts as you know, the report should give an indication of what type they are fliud filled or hemorrhagic, simple or complex.  You may want to consider a second opinion with a Gyn/Onc after you talk with your Dr.  Good luck
Thank you so much for your help.  I am still waiting to hear from my doctor. The report I have does not mention whether the cysts are complex or simple.  Once I talk to her and see what her advice is, I will then consider a Gyn/Onc.  Thank you!
Colleen