Ovarian Cancer Community
Bladder fullness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Bladder fullness

I am still waiting to have an ultrasound because the doctor noticed on a pelvic exam that I have an enlarged ovary and I am on birth control pills and so they are concerned about it being a cyst or endometrial tissue requiring surgery. I am having constant pressure and uncomfortable feeling in the bladder and it hurts when I hold it too long. I have had some numbness and aches down my leg. Does this seem symptomatic of anything? I did not have bladder infection. During my pelvic exam it hurt when he touched my left ovary. I am afraid to have sex because if it is a cyst, how likely for it to burst? Do you have tyhe same symptoms for endometriosis, cysts or fibroids?
Yes, a woman can have similar symptoms for all three conditions.  All three conditions contribute to 'swelling', or perhaps I should use the terms 'compression of tissues' in that area, and this swelling and compression causes some of the symptoms.  All three can definitely lead to the feeling of bladder fullness and result in  the frequent need to urinate, and yet leave the bladder feeling as if it has not just been  emptied.  Again, all three can lead to the compression of nerves leading to the legs, causing numbness and pain.

Please do see that you have proper testing and follow-up appointments.
Forgot I do have endo and it can be painful. My ovary isn't enlarged but very tender to the touch.
I have a cyst on my right ovary. With all the symptoms your having plus constipation, bloating, gas and indegestion (SP).
Sex does hurt, but I'm not for sure if can rupture a cyst.
I have Endo and have had the lapro surgery twice now.  I also have had pulps and cysts removed.  I can tell you from my experience the some of my cysts have ruptured on their own being pain full but did not cause and health issues.  I have has a fibroid on my right ovary for awhile that has not change in size and never causes problems.  However I do currently have a blocked tube that has caused alot of pain.  I get the lowerback pain, cramping, and sometimes even the leg pain.  It is worse during ovulation because the egg is trying to push through.  All of this alot of the symptoms are simular.  It is really hard to tell what is going on until you go and get it checked out.  It is better to check then not.