Ovarian Cancer Community
Blurred vision - carbo/taxol

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Blurred vision - carbo/taxol

My mum went through 2 session of carbo/taxol. Not to many side except tiredness, hair loss and insonmia (getting better). However, my mum mentioned that she had blurred vision after the first few days of the chemo. She did not mention the blurred vision after the 1st session of the chemo as  it got better after a few days. The blurred vision came back again after the 2nd chemo session.

Is this one of the known side-effects of chemo? I don't seem to be able to find that particular side-effect anywhere. I wonder whether I should send my mum to ER?
One more thing, the blurred vision is worse under bright lighting.
The oncologist suggested I was imagining it but I had strange peripheral vision while having carbo/taxol where I had difficulty judging distances and seeing things.  I had an eye test the week before I started the chemo and was told I had excellent eyesight and have had no problems since so it isn't a permanent thing.  I guess if no one records it as a side effect they will never note it - I am convinced mine was a side effect of the chemo but don't think it was even noted on my file.
I have worn glasses for years but didn't always need them. But I have noticed in the last 2 years my eyesight has gone down hill. I now need my glasses for any reading that I do, something which I never needed before unless it was very small print. I can't say for sure if it has been the chemo or age just catching up, but my guess is that the chemo has been a major cause. (I have been on chemo for 2 years now)
Hmmm, I've never experienced that before. Everyone is different, so I wouldn't put it past the chemo to be causing the blurred vision. Take care, Deandra
It had the same side effect on me. Only really noticed when watching TV. It would go away a few days later then happen again after my next chemo and then go away again.

Susie
my eyesight has gotten worse after this combo of chemo, and i have also noticed that my contacts, rip alot more often i never made the connection because the oncologist did not really say it was any sort of side effect, but i think that the eyes would also be affected by something that affects other areas of the body
Just reviewed my entire chart, and my chemo consent form did mention blurred vision as a possible side effect of carbo/docetaxol (is there anything they don't mention except you'll be as beautiful as Nicole Kidman when you're done?).  I have noticed it myself. Paula