CA 125 question about results, are they ever 0?
I just had the CA 125 done and my result is 13.
Does the test ever come back at 0?
I am concerned as I have abdominal pain and feel like there is a baseball in there.  I am thin, under 100 pounds.  Also, a maternal aunt died from ovca.
Thank you,
M

a normal CA125 is under 35, so anything under 35 is within the normal range, however, many factors can elevate the test so it is not always accurate.
I have just had abdominal hysterctomy...complete removal of both ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, and cervix.  I am 32 years old with NO FAMILY history of cervical cancer.  My CA 125 test was positive, but was A VERY LOW number.  When I had surgery (last week), the mass on my ovary was the size of a medium cantaloupe!!!  At this time I am not sure what the name of the malignant cells are as they were sent to Boston for analysis.  If you have a mass...if you can feel ANYTHING in your abdominal area and are having cramps or any unusual symptoms GO TO YOUR GYN and DEMAND A SONOGRAM.  I was treated for almost 5 weeks for a urinary tract infection and I finally went to my GYN and 2 weeks later have major surgery.  Please note that I feel so much better, in fact, I felt better 2 days post op than I did the week before surgery.  I also believe in the healing power of prayer and I believe that God is healing me.  This could be your life, don't mess around.  Good luck.
Thank you for your comments.  I am glad you are healing.
Off to find a DR that will listen.
-Mergie