Ovarian Cancer Community
Can a OB Dr. refuse to give GYN/ONC sono pics
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can a OB Dr. refuse to give GYN/ONC sono pics

I just got off the phone with the OB I had seen last Tues. becuz I need the transvaginal sono.  They were nasty when I asked for the sono becuz I need it to take to the GYN/ONC this wed.  I just called to tell them I will be there tommarrow and the lady on the phone (from his office) told me I had to wait becuz the Dr. wasnt in today and to call them back tommarrow becuz they are not sure if he will give me the sono to take to the GYN/ONC. He can refuse to give them to me.  Can they really do this? Why would he refuse to let GYN/ONC see them?
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
I have never had a problem taking x rays, sonograms, etc. to another doctor. It's probably just the office staff.
Blank
550018_tn?1264194565
Those are your medical records and you have a right to them.  
Blank
Thats what I had thought. But I guess he can refuse to give them to me or another Dr.  I thought there was a problem with the OB dr. becuz the GYN/ONC called and asked if I could get the other one that was done in 06 by a different OB.  I had no problem getting that one (I dont see her becuz they moved farther away).  My old primary  did a CA125 test back in 06 they had no problem giving me the results. I have never had a problem with medical records.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...
Jul 09 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank