Ovarian Cancer Community
Can a OB Dr. refuse to give GYN/ONC sono pics

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I just got off the phone with the OB I had seen last Tues. becuz I need the transvaginal sono.  They were nasty when I asked for the sono becuz I need it to take to the GYN/ONC this wed.  I just called to tell them I will be there tommarrow and the lady on the phone (from his office) told me I had to wait becuz the Dr. wasnt in today and to call them back tommarrow becuz they are not sure if he will give me the sono to take to the GYN/ONC. He can refuse to give them to me.  Can they really do this? Why would he refuse to let GYN/ONC see them?
I have never had a problem taking x rays, sonograms, etc. to another doctor. It's probably just the office staff.
Those are your medical records and you have a right to them.  
Thats what I had thought. But I guess he can refuse to give them to me or another Dr.  I thought there was a problem with the OB dr. becuz the GYN/ONC called and asked if I could get the other one that was done in 06 by a different OB.  I had no problem getting that one (I dont see her becuz they moved farther away).  My old primary  did a CA125 test back in 06 they had no problem giving me the results. I have never had a problem with medical records.