Complex Ovarian Mass Lesion/cystic with solid matter
Hi I just went to my GYN on Monday for left ovarian pain and on exam was found to have a mass, then sent for ultrasound results were "There is a complex left ovarian cystic focus.  It is aprox 4 cm in diameter. It is largely cystic but there are internal echoes present.  There is what probably reflects an irregular mass or mass-like focus extending off the wall of the mass and therefore, this is no longer a simple cyst.
Impression: Complex left ovarian mass lesion. By sonographic criteria, it cannot be classified as a cyst or even necessarily as a benign process although the leading differential still is a cyst containing debris other entities within."

I am just very concerned I had a consult today with my GYN and she seemed very nervous and was very carefull on how she worded things. She did keep saying I am too young to have ovarian cancer. I am 29 y.o. however everyone Ive talked to and everything i have read are very suspicious for malignancy.  I will be having a CT tomorrow and had a CA-125 drawn today. What is your opinion??
Hi Danielle, I too was told I was too young for ovarian cancer at 33.  Mine was a borderline LMP - very treatable through removal of complex cyst alone.  
Cysts are common in pre-menapausal women.  The 'debris' could be anything from blood to pieces of bone.  Your dr. sounds like she's being cautious but younger women can be diagonsed with ovarian cancer.  Maybe see if you can get a consult with a gynocologist oncologist for their opinion?
Get several opinions and make sure you ask as many questions until you fully understand what is happening.

Several doctors told me that I was too young to have cancer and those doctors were wrong.I was 24yrs old when they told me I had ovarian teratoma inside my left ovary. It wasn't until my 6th doctor told me what I had and directed me to the right people. I had surgery and then chemotherapy.

I agree with Chelan, see on oncologist and make sure they review everything from the beginning. I saw 3 different oncologists until I felt absolutely sure I was armed with all the knowledge, options and support.

I am now 37 and I just found out I have a cystic mass again. They told me the reoccurrence rate was 1 %. Take charge of the situation and for any doctor to tell you, you are too young is simply not true.