Ovarian Cancer Community
Cysts on ovaries and fluid in abdominal cavity?? What does that mean ?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cysts on ovaries and fluid in abdominal cavity?? What does that mean ?

Hi there,
I had went to have a scan two weeks ago for kidney stones but the results that I got were not as expected.  I had a hysterectomy two years ago but they left my ovaries. I have multiple cysts on my left ovary they can't find the right one, which is where I have a lot of pain, and I have fluid in my abdominal cavity.
I had thought nothing of it as they told me they would refer me to gyne. When I had mentioned to a friend she was really concerned saying abdominal fluid is not a good sign.  I have also had problems eating as I feel full very quickly yet I appear to be putting on weight!
Can anyone give advice.
I was also considering going private as I have not had any word from hospital and with the nhs you can wait months for appointments. My concerns are if it is something not good that I should get it checked ASAP.
Thanks suz
3 Comments
Blank
973741_tn?1342346373
I just wanted to say that I completely agree to go private and get checked out as soon as possible.  I think that is in your very best interest.  Lots of luck and hugs.  
Blank
667078_tn?1316004535
If it were me I would see GYN/Oncologist. They deal with more than Cancer. They remove Ovarian Cysts for example.

Alex
Blank
What happened with your cysts?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703