FDA Approves Cervical Cancer Vaccine!!!!
Isn't this great news?!?!  It will be available to girls and women ages 9 - 26.  It is best to be administered before becoming sexual active.  Let's hope the research continues and they find some way to detect ovarian cancer early or even prevent it!
~Tascha
That is awesome news.  I hope it is approved for people who have medical disorders as my daughter is autistic.  Kasie
I hope so too.  I have a 13 year old daughter and this is just a load off of my mind!!
~Tascha
One more giant step in the field of healthcare for Women, who knows what could be next!!!
hmmm... wonder about people over that age who are not sexually active? Wonder if it'll even be an offer for them...
~Marianne
I seen that on the new last night. I thought the same thing since I had sever dysplasia that at least my girls hopefully won't have to worry about that one.
Is this the one that prevents HPV, a sexually transmitted disease?  If so, I'm glad they got it approved, and the crazy people who were saying it would promote sex, didn't win out.  I mean who cares how a person ends up with cervical cancer, if the cancer can be prevented, the science needs to be made available.  
Yeah for all young women out there, I'm happy for my daughter!
Yes! This is the vaccine that can help protect aganist the sexually transmitted disease HPV (human papaloma virus) (sp). It is suppose to be given before a girl has sex so that she had immunity to the HPV virus. For women our age, unless you are a vergin, then it is likely not for us....the HPV virus can lay dormant in your body for up to 10 yrs before ever becoming active or detectable.

A very scary 1 in 3 women have HPV, it is the virus that causes vaginal warts. You can have the virus w/o having warts. It can also cause dysplasia, and cervical cancer.

I have HPV along w/ ALL of my female friends. Lucky for me, i was able to track it to whom i got it from, but i don't think he cared to much to protect his other partners once i told him and he was tested. SAD!!!! I have never had a break out of warts however i had mild dysplasia removed in my early 20's because of it.

The debate now is "why give your child another reason to have sex , since this will help them feel safe"??? Rediculous i say, your child does not even need to know what the vaccine is for! Thank goodness our research is comming up with good things! Lets pray for many more new advances in cancer protection/prevention/treatment! cheers ladies!