Ovarian Cancer Community
Fluid in Uterus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Fluid in Uterus

I have been having cramping and a feeling of heaviness on my right side for months, on and off. I had a ultrasound last week and the nurse called to tell me I had a cyst on my right ovary which should go away on its own and also that there was fluid in my uterus so they want to do an endometrial biopsy. I asked what it meant to have fluid in my uterus and she said they would check for a polyp or it could be caused b/c I was about to bleed, and that's all she said. Since that was a week ago and I did not start to bleed yet (and shouldn't for another week)I am wondering what this all means? Is it common to have "fluid in the uterus" and should I be worrying? I am actually worrying a little so any information on this topic would be greatly appreciated. I am 34 and healthy. My appointment for the biopsy is not for another 4 weeks so maybe I should take the cue from that that it's nothing serious, but I don't want to spend 4 weeks worrying for no reason. Thanks in advance.
I think that if there was a concern then you would have been seen earlier.  So I would trust the doctors right now and I know this is easier said than done, but please try not to worry too much.  Good luck for the biopsy and hope all goes well.
So how did things turn out? How serious was the fluid in your uterus? I have been told the same thing by my doctors and have had the same cramps on my right side.