Inhibin B rising?
GCT almost four years ago with clean Inhibin B tests ever since, last test went to 48.  Testing again in 6 weeks, is there any other reason an Inhibin B would rise other than reoccurence?
Inhibin B is useful as an aid in the diagnosis of granulosa cell tumors and mucinous epithelial ovarian tumors; to monitor patients with granulosa cell tumors and epithelial mucinous-type tumors of the ovary known to overexpress inhibin B; and as an adjunct to follicle-stimulating hormone testing during infertility evaluation. Elevations of inhibin B after treatment are suggestive of residual, recurrent, or progressive disease.It is best that you discuss the result with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Other factors such as medical history, symptoms, and results of other diagnostic tests are also important considerations. Take care and do keep us posted.
Dr. Santos,

What is a normal level for Inhibin B after menopause?  I'm a GCT survivor and would like to know what the normal levels are, as well as what the "limits" are.

Until recently my INHB levels have been reported as ".5", etc. -- i.e. they've been reported as an exact number.  Suddenly they're being reported differently, like "<7.0".  What is the reason for these two different reporting methods, and how do I know whether my INHB level is going up or down is a specific number is being reported?

Thank you,
PD Mom
A related discussion, Increased level of Inhibin B was started.