Ovarian Cancer Community
Left ovary swollen and painful
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left ovary swollen and painful

Hi. I woke up this morning and found that my left ovary was swollen and a bit painful when i pressed on it. I'm 22 years old and I haven't learned much about ovarian cyst, cancer, ect. Would anyone be able to tell me what this could be??
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
I recently had a benign dermoid cyst removed on the right ovary and it was the size of a tennis ball and it could not be felt through the skin. (i'm a size 4 if that helps) There are many things that it could be. I wouldn't ignore it though. I had lower back pain that would not go away and I ignored it until I couldn't take it any longer and they thought it was kidney stones until the CAT scan came back. I'd see your doctor just to ease your mind
Blank
Hi:

What do you mean when you say your ovary is swollen? Your ovary is pretty deep inside your body, so in most cases you don't feel a specific lump on the surface of your body if you have a cyst or swelling there (the cyst would have to be enormous to cause a localized lump on the outside of your body and it would be unlikely that would develop overnight). Sometimes people with cysts or ovarian growths have more general swelling/bloating of their pelvis/abdomen, though.

If you have a lump on your lower left side it might be digestive issue or lots of other things--but a doctor could tell you more!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
748543_tn?1371753642
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
Jan 27 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGDBlank